First, let me extend our gratitude for your desire to volunteer to work with the youth of our parish! As you may know, STM takes pride in offering our children a safe, fun environment in which to learn more about the church and their faith journey! Thank you for taking the time to share your talents with our children.
As Karie Thompson, our Faith Formation Coordinator, may have told you, in order to volunteer to be a teacher in the FF program, you must partake in the “Not On My Watch” child safety training. Part of the process also includes filling out paperwork for the Diocese. When you went onto the church’s website, you saw that there are several papers that need to be downloaded and filled out. Also included was a FAQ form and instructions as to how to do the online training—print those out for your information.
For the remaining pages, I’d like to explain each page for you so that you are not confused as to what needs to be completed and where those papers need to go once you’ve filled them out.
ALL papers that you fill out need to be returned to me, Beth Rowe, at the STM Office (located in the Student Center building, which is next door to the church). You cannot e-mail the forms to me, for they all require signatures from you. I am in the office Mon, Tues and Thursdays from 9am-3pm; you can drop off any paperwork during those hours.
1) Volunteer Application: complete & sign
2) Choicepoint Form: This form is to be filled out by any person who DOES NOT reside in either MA or NH (this would usually apply to any college student who is volunteering, for some live out of state while attending college)
3) CORI Instruction form: This form explains the CORI system, please read before filling out any CORI forms (included with the CORI form below)
4) CORI: to be filled out by those who reside in the state of MA only!!
5) Criminal Release Form: to be filled out by those residing in the state of NH----please note: you will need to have a notary public stamp and date this for you! We do have a Notary here, at the STM Office—her name is Bindy Curtis. If you need her to stamp the form for you, please let me know and I’ll be sure she is available to do this for you! She is here every day the office is open, from 9am-3pm.
6) Code and Policy form: if you are doing the online training—you will actually be filling this form out at the end of the training. When you finish the online training, it will ask you if you want to digitally sign the Policy form—click the yes box. You can print a copy of this for your records. No need to give me a copy, for it will automatically generate on the Diocese database.
Again, if you have ANY questions about the paperwork, please don’t hesitate to contact me here at the office: 868-2666 x 110, or e-mail: email@example.com
and just write ATTN: Beth in the subject line.
Thank you~ may you be blessed!
Beth Rowe, Safe Environment Coordinator
Required On line Training "Not On My Watch"
2. Click on "Register Here"
3. Enter code: child safety when prompted
Click on a link below for relevant information and request forms...
[ All Forms updated 9/5/2012 ]